Black pepper is one of the most commonly used spices across the world and has extensive culinary uses. The hot, pungent flavour of the pepper not only gives your food a classic taste, but also gives you a package of medicinal benefits. Black pepper is one of the most used ingredient for home remedies, mainly used along with honey and turmeric.
The health benefits of consuming black pepper are manifold:
- Consuming black pepper in moderation helps stimulate one’s appetite and helps digestion. In case of food poisoning, having black pepper with honey will help reduce nausea.
- Black pepper when taken in moderation can help boost your metabolism.
- Black peppercorns stimulate your taste buds and are a very good ingredient to be added to soups when you are not well, and even otherwise.
- Black peppercorns also act as a supplement to the body for its source of manganese, iron, vitamin K, and is also a good source of dietary fibre.
- Regular consumption of black pepper can help prevent the formation of intestinal gas, and also acts as a diuretic.
- Black peppers have a remarkable anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties.
- These spices are used as a home remedy for constipation, diarrhoea, heart diseases, insomnia, tooth aches and many more.
- The chemical Piperine present in black pepper helps reduce pain when applied as an analgesic cream on the skin.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of black pepper have been medically proven to reduce complication of rheumatid arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
- Turmeric and black pepper combination helps fight high cholesterol levels and obesity.
Why wait when you can start now?