Honey is an ingredient that has both culinary and medicinal benefits. Honey is also a widely used ingredient for home remedies for a better, quicker relief. Different ways in which you consume honey can have different kinds of impact on various parts of the body. Listed below are few home remedies using honey:
- Honey to help improve diabetes: Honey is known to help reduce the risk of developing diabetes. On the other hand, it is used as a medication aid to treat diabetes. Consumption of raw honey is believed to increase the insulin content and reduce hyperglycemia.
- Honey helps improve digestion: Mix 2 tbsp of honey in warm water and have it on an empty stomach. Honey will aid in better secretion of digestive fluids and digestion of food. Honey helps reduce constipation, bloating and gas. Honey is also a rich source of probiotics that your body needs and aids in digestion.
- Honey helps relieve nausea: Honey is a good home remedy to relieve general nausea. Mix 2 tbsp of honey with ginger and lemon juice to relieve nausea quickly.
- Honey helps manage cholesterol: Honey is known to be a good source of home-based ingredient to reduce cholesterol and decrease the risk of coronary heart diseases.
- Honey helps improve blood circulation: Consumption of honey helps in strengthening the heart and improving overall blood circulation in the body.
- Honey helps improve haemoglobin levels: Honey when mixed in lukewarm water and consumed, helps in increasing the red blood cell (RBC) count in the blood and prevents anaemia. In turn, this also reduces cases of high blood pressure.
- Honey acts as an antiseptic and anti-bacterial agent: Regular consumption of honey helps stimulate antibodies in the body. Honey is also an ingredient that is used for treating respiratory infections such as asthma and excess mucus.
- Honey is a good remedy for the skin: Honey is an easily available, affordable cleanser for the face and helps fight acne. All you need to do is mix half a tsp of honey, rub it between your palms and spread on the face evenly. Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water. Honey can also be added to a bath to act as a exfoliation for great skin. Honey mixed with olive oil and lemon juice is a good moisturizer for your skin.
- Honey helps restore sleep: One tablespoon of honey mixed with warm milk will help increase the melatonin content in your body and help you sleep. Honey is believed to promote restorative sleep.
- Honey can help lose weight: Replacing white sugar in your food with honey not only satiates your sweet tongue but also helps you lose weight. Drinking 2tbsp of honey mixed in warm water on an empty stomach will help in weight reduction.
Start taking honey now. You can use honey as a drizzle in puddings and breakfast cereals, as a sweetener for your tea and coffee, as a topping for starters and as a salad dressing.